Today her rash is worse ~ if you could believe it. So now the patient, understanding, and nice mama, turned frustrated and very angry. When Madeline and I got to our clinic, the nurses were incredible! I'm actually planning on getting them a thank you gift because they were that awesome. They remembered seeing her on Wednesday and were floored how bad it's gotten. They whisked me to the back room within a second. The nurse, Crystal, was my rock during this appointment. She listened and repeated every bit of my timeline since Tuesday night. When the doctor came in he said he agreed with the dermatologist and when I asked about the three spots (not near each other) that looked like a bruise he said most likely they were bug bites. I looked him straight in the eye and said, "Um I disagree with you," paused and added "respectively." He most intelligently went and got a doctor for a second opinion. The new doctor, whom I really like, said it does look like a penicillin allergy and recommended a steroid shot and to get blood drawn to rule out a viral or bacterial infection, both to which I agreed.
Needless to say, the 15 month check-up didn't happen, they quickly realized there were more pressing things to pay attention to.
Madeline is staying strong, still is the most beautiful baby in the world, and will get through this!
February 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my - what a week you guys have had! This will be one you remember and when it's all over it won't seem THAT bad. Until then, medicate yourself with some "grape juice" and hug that baby girl. Prayers and happy, rash-free thoughts to you all!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mel! I had some "grape juice" last night! ;)
ReplyDelete