February 12, 2012

Hi

Madeline has increased her english vocabulary from two words to three. Her newly discovered word is, "Hi." It's super cute because she waves and says hi to the TV, check-out people at the grocery stores, and people passing by. Not only is is sweet, but exciting that people understand what she's saying. She helps me with disciplining Moose by pointing at him and saying what seems to be, "Don't," but sounds like doon. I digress. Will and I have begun to test our discipline methods. I keep praying to God that Madeline will respond to a stern voice so we don't have to move to other alternatives.

Background information...Madeline still only has 6 teeth. Will and I continually tell each other she's teething, yet there has not been an appearance of a 7th tooth to date. One morning, Madeline tried to climb up in my lap and took a chunk of skin from my leg. I chalked it up to...yup, teething.

Today, Madeline kept trying to bite my leg. When I would raise her chin with my fingers, put my face level to hers, I would sternly say, "No ma'am!" She would smile and say, "Hi." Will, not being much assistance, would turn his head and bust out laughing which of course, caused me to laugh and Madeline would join in laughing. We're doing well with this discipline thing so far, aren't we? When Madeline attempted to bite me a second, third, fourth time, I would vary my approach, "No ma'am", "No bite", "Madeline, no ma'am." Every single time Madeline would smile and say, "Hi!" Will would laugh, cause me to laugh, which in turn, would make Madeline laugh and the cycle would continue again. Sigh.

We'll get this discipline thing down one day, but for now? We're thankful for our beautiful daughter's laugh and new third word.

Good news, I do not have any bleeding nor scrapes! Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment