February 25, 2012

One sad mama and one sad dada

When she woke up this morning, she looked so much better. We really gage the degree of improvement from her face. The huge red splotches under her eyes were lighter and many of the ones on her arms were as well. However, after her afternoon nap, her splotches began to redden again. Will and I racked our brain and what we came up with is possibly allergic to blueberries or something in our backyard (grass, mulch, something). It'll be interesting to hear the blood results so it can help narrow things down. After her second dose of oral steroids they started lightening again.  The pictures are of her this evening.

We both feel very helpless and know it could be worse, but as you can see in the pics, it's just heart-breaking. There's really no other way to describe it.

We are hoping, praying, everything that she'll be better tomorrow. At least she's not worse than yesterday. We appreciate everyone's kind words and support!





2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I know stuff like this can be so frustrating. Is it itchy for her?? So weird, I hate rashes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is itchy only under her eyes. I am giving her Zyrtec, but only once a day. I am thankful it's not affecting her mouth. I'm ready for this to be over and done with.

    ReplyDelete