February 22, 2012

Connect the dots...la la la

For the past three days, Madeline has not been sleeping well. She wakes up roughly 3-4 times a night and for the past two nights, we just bring her in bed with us for a couple of hours before returning her back to her crib. We have been thinking all of this was due to that pesky 7th tooth that still has not popped out.

Once again, Madeline wakes up at 6:30 a.m. and was brought to our room. As Will was getting ready, I quickly asked for him to come look at Madeline. Oh my! A rash!

Not your average, run-of-the-mill rash, but the queen of rashes. She was splotchy everywhere except her torso. 
I quickly made an appointment for the morning while we waited. Madeline had two doctors (one for confirmation) and the diagnosis? Still questionable. I will have to say it was humorous because the first doctor mentioned bed bugs. I couldn't even say bed bugs because I was dumbfounded by this suggestion. Anyhow, the next step, an emergency referral to the dermatologist. We have to wait at least 72 hours ~ so much for an emergency. She was given Zyrtec and a steriod. Fast forward to later we start to battle a fever. After the doctor returned my phone call she started to say that this freakish rash is viral. Yay...not. Madeline's highest fever to date is 101.9 and this is on Tylenol and Advil. Sigh. To end our night, Madeline threw up three times and we were quite amazed how recognizable her items were. The last time she threw up, we were rushing her to the bath to rinse her off and she hurled on my arm (I was able to get the majority of it in the sink) and because there was some "stuff" on her hands she decided to flick it off where it hit the mirror. Yay for parenting!! Woo hoo! The good news is that her fever finally broke and were are hopeful for an uninterrupted night! Good night!
She's actually a wee bit active now that the fever is no longer!

Eye rub = Night time!

No comments:

Post a Comment