June 23, 2009

Summer Solistice

Our pictures first must begin with Will’s incredible fashion assemble that he wore for about three days straight. He wore his fleece vest through frigid temperatures of 73. I thought he looked somewhat patriotic. Will disagreed when he aggressively pointed out his silver shorts. Will officially installed our mailbox. After three days, the tree cutter hit the mailbox and now it has more of an angled effect. However, we officially are getting mail. Before I forget, our address is 841 Old Steese Hwy N., Fairbanks, AK 99712. We also have finished painting the three bedrooms and two bathrooms. We are now installing contact paper to our shelves. Pictures will be posted after we get our stuff…tick tock…tick tock. Some of the pictures that I had to include is a typical Raven (the size of Mattie - 10 pound dachshund) and some of the log cabin homes with antler accessories down the street from our house.

We were fortunate to get away with our thoughts by participating in the Midnight Fun Run this past Saturday. Will and I met my penpal, Marisa, and her husband Joe. They have been very helpful in showing us the sites and telling us the ins and outs of Fairbanks. We loved the 10 K run. It involved various locals in costumes and a few serious runners. We decided to take the “fun” to heart and walked the entire time through rain and punk wielding water guns! It started at 10 pm and we finished at 12:30 am. In the picture below, we came in about 30 minutes too late and they started taking down the finish line. Notice how light **accidental comma** it was at 12:30 am. Will and I were quite sore the next day. We were feelin’ our thirties for sure! At this point we are waiting for our household goods. I’m on the hunt for a job and Will will officially start his job Monday. Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment