June 8, 2009

Day 11 ~ Pacific Ocean to Haines, AK



Will and I woke up and started to take our things to the car. We watched the end of a movie, saw whales, dolphins, and seals. Will also played a hunting game to pass the time. About 2:30 we arrived in Haines. The background view is breathtaking. However, after "experiencing" a little more of the area, we came up with our Top 4 favorite quotes:





1. Will and I were eating at a Mexican restaurant (I know..I know...we were hungry and it was the only thing open) when he looked at me and said, "We may have to lower our comfort zone."

2. We were walking around Haines looking at the local shops. The owner of a jewelry shop struck up a conversation with Will and I (mainly Will). Then the owner, he, looked at Will and said, "You really have a nice body." We left after 15 minutes and I was amused with just how much this guy was hitting on Will. Will said, "I'm confident and I can handle it."

3. Again at the restaurant, I looked at Will and said, "Where did you take me?"

4. I was on the phone with Wendi when Will was trying to kill a fly. Wendi made a comment that she heard him kill the fly and I responded, "I'm not surprised, the fly was as big as a rat."

In our mini-cabin for the night, it came with our very own grill! The amount of mosquitoes was insane! I saw handfuls of mosquitoes flying outside of the car window. I'm glad Will was the one volunteering to get out to pay the mini-cabin in the morning!

P.S. Will also forgot to turn in the key. We'll be mailing that back to the owners soon! Heh heh!











1 comment:

  1. Awh! Thanks you two! And I loved the quotes! I think the 3rd one was my favorite with the 1st coming up as a close second - ha ha!! =)

    ReplyDelete