January 8, 2011

Steve, Steven, Josh, Mom, and Dad arrive (12/22/10-12/28/10)

The rest of the crew quickly arrived. With our small three bedroom house you would think we would hate each other instantly. But we didn't! My parents insisted on staying at a hotel (smart move). Will and I were wanting to stay at the hotel, but my parents won. Steve, intelligently, brought and used ear plugs. Steven and Josh, thankfully are hard sleepers. Wendi and I constantly texted each other during Madeline's early wake-ups.

We had grand plans of going tubing, cross country skiing, and other outdoor activities. However, the weather was bitterly cold and everything was closed. EXCEPT....dog sledding. Even though the trip was 15 minutes, it was amazing and I was in awe how quickly my eyelashes kept freezing shut.


Madeline was a huge hit and at this time Will and I were thankful that she was over 6 pounds. Yay!


Steve's first night in Alaska. He obviously wanted the bed all to himself. :)

One of the dog mushers.

Steve and Steven are the first victims to go.

Holy cow that is cold!

Before

After

I know you are cold, but say cheese.

We thought this was very appropriate because Steven loves music.

Awww!

Poppy and Madeline

Grammy and Madeline

Josh and Madeline

When in North Pole you have to visit Santa Claus!

Madeline visited him twice this Christmas.

Steve, Will, and Steven about to endure in a snow shoe adventure.

Wendi making sure I am a-ok! :)
Outside our house. I wanted someone to sit in the poof.


Not only did Steve sit on the poof, we added the prop!

Everyone brought their stockings.

Dad receiving his Sarah Palin toilet paper

Oh Christmas Tree!!!!

Will and his super fancy cookware. Maybe now he'll cook.

Pretty picture.

Josh writing Santa on Christmas Eve.

This is during a quick excursion that Steve, Wendi, and I had at the nearby golf course.



Will would have broken up with me if we received the same shirt.

**I'm sorry about the small grainy pictures. I only could locate and transfer them from Snapfish.

When everyone left it was a very sad day. I become extremely homesick and went into a three day funk. I know that I will see everyone very soon. It was a wonderful Christmas and I'm thankful everyone was able to come to visit.

Our family time hasn't ended yet....Bob and Betsy arrive the very next day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment