January 8, 2011

Bob and Betsy (12/30/10-1/4/11)

Bob and Betsy had quite a trip to Fairbanks. By the time they arrived, they were extremely sleep deprived and desperately needed some sleep. Bob, Betsy, and Will visited Chena Hot Springs and not only enjoyed the springs, but the snow that fell. The weather quickly warmed up to the positives. Bob, Betsy, Will and I really just enjoyed hanging out at the house, conversing, and playing some Wii games: Glee and Monopoly. During their trip they not only saw two moose, but an aurora as well.

Mattie and Madeline loved being near Bob.
Such a cutie!

Bob and Betsy bought Madeline a mack daddy tent. She absolutely loved it!

We all took turns keeping her engaged.

Betsy's turn.

Grandpa Bob and Madeline

Yes, that is a smile!

Bob and Betsy left three days ago and Will, Madeline, and I are trying to adjust. Will and I continue to be sleep deprived. One of my favorite things is when Will tries to convince me that Madeline doesn't need to be changed during the night. Here's a perfect example:
Casey - Will, Madeline needs to be changed
Will - Are you sure?
Casey - Yes, I'm sure.
Will - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I, unfortunately, will be heading back to work January 31st. It is a very bitter sweet moment. I love my job and the people I work with, but it will be hard not being around Madeline 24-7. Will has said that we can make it work and I can stay home. It's nice to know that I do have that option in case I can't handle the separation.

During her last doctor's visit she weighed 7.4 pounds. It's a very exciting thing! Her next appointment is January 28th.

Next up...Will's birthday on the 19th! Cha cha cha!

No comments:

Post a Comment