May 17, 2013

The Countdown Begins...

2 months until Will comes back to GA and I get to see him!! Yay! All three of us are so very ready to be a family again.

Disclaimer ~ This is probably the longest post I have written. If you are one that just likes looking at the pictures, you'll need to scroll a little bit longer than usual. ;)

Since the beginning of May, there has been a lot of things happening.

MADELINE:
Madeline has added swim lessons to her weekly happenings. She will go four times this month and then Will and I will reevaluate her taking some more once we move to Charlottesville. It is quite interesting when she and I get into the pool. Madeline is more focused on the toys the instructor brought, than the skill she is suppose to be working on.

Madeline is very aware of her new house that she will be moving to. She talks about it almost daily and knows that I will be painting her new room purple. Madeline is obsessed with purple and pink. Madeline has turned into quite the girly girl and is well into the princess phase. She screams at bugs, even ladybugs. She loves being outside, doing yard work, playing with play dough, and cooking. She hates eating eggs, but she's very intrigued with them when we bake. Madeline has already had her 2nd haircut and sat very still while the hairdresser french braided part of her hair. She has her toenail polish changed, on average, twice a week. Again, quite the girly girl. Madeline is still figuring herself out and I'm not only letting her figure things out, but smiling and enjoying the journey.

Madeline will potentially be having another ear surgery involving her tubes as well as getting her adenoids removed. I won't know for sure until we have her ENT appointment May 29th.

WILL:
Will has officially become a CrossFit cult member. He, thankfully, isn't posting his daily routine on Facebook, but he is obsessed. He has made a couple of comments here and there on how much I would like it, but I just smile while grumbling.

He is complaining about how incredibly hot it is there. Will described walking outside as walking into a fan blowing heat directly on your face. I did read that it is suppose to be 104 tomorrow there. Yikes. Good thing he's leaving soon.

Speaking of which, Will has an official date to fly out. He most likely won't be back in GA until mid-July. I will be there without Madeline. The plan is that I will be there for 3-4 days and fly back to Winchester, VA. People who are asking why I'm not bringing Madeline. I will not take her to see her daddy only to take her away from him a few short days later. Why can't we stay there until he leaves? Well, it's because we don't have a home in GA nor is the army paying for our hotel room. Will will be very busy reintegrating from his deployment as well as getting things signed off for him to be able to leave Ft. Stewart. Will can't leave Ft. Stewart until July 29th. I am hoping that he will be able to leave a couple of days early, because the following week he will be signing into Cville and that following Monday start school. We don't have much time together before he starts school, but we will make the best of the time we do have.

Will has started counting down the days so similar to his first deployment he is so ready to be home. The good news is he is VERY busy daily with work (and CrossFit) so it helps pass time. I keep trying to encourage him to take another day off. Since he left December 6th, he has only taken one day off. He continues working seven days a week. Phew, I don't think I could do it.

ME:
We finally closed on our house. It has been quite an ordeal. Too long to explain in this blog, but let's just say there was a lot of drama. But the house is ours! Yay! I also have Madeline set up in a new preschool in Cville starting in August. I started inquiring about places in March, finally settled on one, and ended up being put on a waiting list. However, it was a huge stress reliever for her to get into my first pick.

I am trying hard to keep things organized on this end. Angela, thankfully, has agreed that while she's in the area on vacation go to our storage unit in Savannah. She will oversee the military movers move our things from the unit to the truck. We should be getting our items the first week of June. I will be going down there periodically to unpack, paint, and get things ready for our family. Our stuff here will be getting picked up July 1st and then I'll have a second round of boxes being delivered. But I'm getting pretty good at this stuff. This will be my 4th move in 5 years.

My parents sold their house in Austin. They will be moving up to the Winchester area mid - July. Depending on if and when Madeline has surgery, Madeline and I will be visiting Texas mid-June and helping my parents pack as well as seeing some old friends and some family. I am trying to make this trip work because it would definitely be a little while before visiting there again. :(

I will be taking lots of pictures as usual, but honestly, I can't promise I will be able to update this for a month or two. I will try and throw in a picture or two, but as you have just read, it really is quite a busy time.

Happy May! Besides those in Afghanistan, I hope the weather is treating you well!!

Josh got suckered into playing play dough with her. Heh heh.
Madeline was not intimidated whatsoever by all these 10-11 yr olds. This was during Josh's 11th birthday celebration. 
One of Madeline's favorite past times. 
We are still working on it. Basically, any time Madeline wants a Skittle she is able to perform perfectly. Well, #1 that is.
M still calls Silas "Si". I asked her to hug him so you can see just how huge this cat is. Last time we checked at the end of April, a few days shy of his first birthday, he was 13 pounds.
Love her imagination.
Of course, I got her the princess watering can, gloves, and garden shovel. 
Helping Uncle Steve water the flowers. 
I'm so glad I was able to capture this face. This is what she does when she plays, "Get chu". Notice the princess dress. 
During Winchester's Apple Blossom celebration. The colors for this festival are pink and green. 
This bubble gun is awesome! Very little effort needed.  
OMG OMG it's Scotty McCreery (last year's American Idol winner).
On Mother's Day, Madeline, Steve, and I went to this very large garden event. Madeline wanted me to buy every purple flower and the purple bucket as well.
This was taken at the garden extravaganza, I just don't know what to say except I'm glad I was able to get this shot.
She looks like a little girl here. :( 
This one's for you Will! 

No comments:

Post a Comment