August 11, 2011

Catch Up...

Where has time gone? For a quick (if possible) update...  July 20th is when our household goods finally came. A couple of days before, Wendi, Madeline, myself drove down from VA to GA and met Will and Angela. The week was very busy with painting...lots and lots and lots of painting and of course, unpacking. Future posts will start to reveal the before and after pictures of what we've done. A week later, Madeline and I flew to Virginia Beach to meet up with family for a week of vacation. Madeline thankfully slept for the flight to Virginia, but on the way back she decided to stay awake the entire time. She didn't cry one bit and made lots of friends around us. Since then we've been unpacking and trying to make this house a home.  Friday, Will leaves for Fairbanks for two cases: the murder trial and another rape case. Since there are two cases, Madeline and I won't see him until September 1st. :( It has been a little bit of a transition for me going from working full time to full time mommy. I love it, but as I knew, I miss the interactions and intellectual stimulation from working with adults. I will, however, start actively looking for a possible part-time adjunct teaching position in September. It is very difficult to even teach online if I haven't taught a college level course in person. I will roll up my sleeves and dive into the job market come September. Fingers crossed! Will is very busy with his new job, but I know he's loving the fact he is working with people. He has started mentioning how much he is missing Fairbanks. I can understand, but it is so nice to be closer to family and a Target!  Madeline is sleeping in her crib finally, however we are still a sucker and get up to soothe her when she wakes up throughout the night. I am not emotionally ready for her to "Cry it out." I think when Will gets back he can attempt it while I go get a pedicure or something. :) Wednesday was monumental, she has officially started crawling. It is scary! I'm looking at our house through a different lens...so much to do! I think the number thing I absolutely HATE about Georgia is the earwigs. YUCK! They are disgusting and we have to battle them on a daily basis. I will be calling an exterminator sooner than later. All other updates will be through the picture captions! :)
One of the last pictures I took in Fairbanks just as the leaves were starting to come out!

Wendi loves dressing Madeline up as a princess because it nerves Will. Unfortunately, we did not purchase this feathered tiara.

We absolutely love putting hats on her and she has absolutely no choice in the matter! HA!

Poor Moose was panting here and there on our trek down to Georgia. Hilarious!

One of the awesome places we saw during our trip to GA.

No caption needed.

One of the awesome license plates we saw driving from Baltimore to Virginia Beach.

Super cute outfit, but a wee bit small. She worked it anyway! Thank you, Michelle!!

First time in the ocean!

Not too sure.

Loves this!(8 months old)

Sand!

Toys!

Sand + Toys =

My dad explaining that the sand is too harsh on her skin. Guess what? He was totally right! She had little cuts on her upper lip and skin abrasions on either side of her mouth. I thought this picture was super sweet!

Josh trying to occupy Madeline so Wendi and I could start packing up and heading home!

Before we left we spent some time with my cousin Kelly and her two daughters and her boyfriend's kids as well. :)

Yup, she mastered the art of pulling herself up before she started crawling!

Obviously taking her nap. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. Awh yes - my little Bee is just too cute for words. I loved every minute of our fun summer together!! :) Love, Aunt DiDi (pronounced 'DeeDee' - it's a play on the last two letters of my name - I just can't be called Aunt WiWi y'all!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet :) Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous Casey. Crawling already, she'll be walking in a few months :)

    Nery

    ReplyDelete