Madeline:
Miss Madeline is officially 5 months old! She is amazing. Now, she is able to start reaching for things, like Will's 5 o'clock shadow. It is the sweetest thing. Making new noises everyday is something we are getting accustomed to. For example, when she is really upset she loves exercising her "Mariah Carey" voice. I am lucky to hear this ear-piercing scream almost everyday when I pick her up from the sitter. Madeline loves being in a moving car, but being at stop lights is a different story. I am so happy we didn't have to take her to the doctor this month for more vaccinations. We didn't get an official weight, but she is around 13.5 pounds.
Moose:
Moose has been very needy lately. He is constantly in my face and follows me pretty much everywhere in the house. He still gives love bites, gets stuck on the window screens, and continues to be bipolar.
If you didn't know:
We have been pretty hush hush about this until I was able to tell my boss, but it is official. We are moving to Savannah, Georgia next month. Our next Obringer Adventure. When I told my boss last week, it was very emotional. I do like my job, love the people I work with, and have come to even enjoy Fairbanks. However, I chose the military life when I married Will. I am fortunate we get to travel and experience incredible places and meet extraordinary people, but it still is hard. I am looking forward to moving to be closer to family, hopefully visit my dear friends in Texas, the sun, and being able to be more active with Madeline outdoors. Will and I decided we are definitely not wintery people. We enjoy the occasional cross country skiing day or tubing, but we are not fishers or hunters. We will be close to the beach - yay, wine bars, and...c'mon...Savannah? AWESOME!
Will:
Will thought after the last stint of court martials it would be smooth sailing, but that has not been the case (no pun intended). He still has a case in May and of course, his last case at Ft. Wainwright, AK which is a murder case. That will most likely take place in June/July. Will's new job title will be Brigade Judge Advocate. He will be a counselor to approximately 2,500 soldiers and more importantly the commander's personal JAG. This is a position mainly for Majors so for Will to attain this position as a Captain shows how great he is at his job (don't tell him that though... ;)). He is looking forward to his upcoming job because quite honestly, he is burnt out of the one he has. He has had a great run, winning almost every single one of his cases, but it is time to move on.
Will and his dad will be leaving Fairbanks on May 30th driving cross country back to the east coast. I am jealous of his dad because Will and I had an amazing time driving up to AK. But with a bipolar cat and 6 month old, it's just not the ideal situation.
Me:
Will and I have decided that I will not be working full time when we move to Savannah. Coming to this decision has been an interesting one. I will, however, attempt to find a part time online teaching job through some college/university. Emotionally, we know this is the right decision, but intellectually, I need something.
Wendi will be arriving in Fairbanks, May 20th and Wendi, Madeline, myself, and Moose will be flying to Savannah May 21st. We are going to try our best in 2 days to find a rental house we can call home for the next two years. We will then fly back to D.C. and rest for a couple of weeks until Will gets there and we can start our life in GA.
Oscar:
We miss Oscar each and every day. It still hasn't hit me that he is gone. We flew him and Mattie to Virginia over Spring Break to prepare for the move. I knew we would be without him for a couple of months, but didn't realize when I said goodbye that that would be the last time. Wendi has made a peaceful place for him to rest in her backyard. I haven't been able to look at the picture she sent of it and will have a hard time seeing it when we go back. Will has almost completed the demand letter to the neighbors whose dogs murdered Oscar. They will have 30 days to respond. If they choose not to reimburse the vet bills, we will proceed with a lawsuit.
Mattie:
Wendi and fam have noticed that Mattie has been acting a little 'off' so after a bit of time she went to the vet. What was found? A direct text from Wendi, "Her right side of her heart has severe congestive failure which by itself could be controlled with drugs. The bigger problem is a huge mass in her liver and some fluid in her abdomen and surrounding her tummy." There is a chance the mass is cancer and we will all have to make some decisions depending on the results of the test. We were hoping that she was just depressed because of Oscar, which still may be the case, but unfortunately, it's a lot more. :(
| 5 months old! My favorite out of the bunch. |
![]() |
| She was tired of being pictured, poor thing. |
| Madeline loves munching on everything, especially fingers. |
| She's started reaching and loves feeling her Daddy's scruff. |
| Pretty creative, if you ask me. |
![]() |
| Moose loves being near Madeline. |
![]() |
| I only had 2 plants. |
![]() |
| Thanks, Moose! Now I have 1. |
| I personally have never seen someone shoveling snow on the roof. |
| Workers have to take dump truck loads of snow away. |







YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! do i hear an east coast trip in my future?!?!? oh yes i do!!!! love y'all!
ReplyDeletep.s. what a beautiful little lady!