May 30, 2009

Day 1 ~ Harker Heights, TX to Albuquerque, NM


Today was a very difficult day. We left my family and dear friends and started our road trip. I was not able to go two straight hours without crying. Will was amazing and held my hand the entire time. He said that today was my "free pass," which allowed me to listen to music that I like ~ yay! Some of the pictures below include some of the more interesting things we saw comparitively. The Big Spring picture is kudos to my mom who was born there.


Will decided we needed to take a detour from the directions (read them wrong) and we were literally the only people on the road, similar to a horror movie scene. We decided to make the best of it. Will reenacted a scene from some "college movie" whereas I decided to be road kill. Also, we stayed at the most southwest-y hotel ever. It was awesome. Will called it "interesting." More to come tomorrow...








1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how you guys are going to be able to top the roadkill imitations. Cracked me up! Love you both and miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete